Sunday 30 December 2012

Paramore: A year in review (November)

07/11/2012

Hayley updated the band's LJ with this post:  
"One week.
My apologies for not posting this one here first... I didn't have time to do any replies though this morning, so I figured waiting til I had just a little time would be best. Either way, in case you hadn't read it yet, here's a post from our Tumblr earlier today:
One week that I hardly even remember since we finished the record. I use the term “finished” lightly because even while I’m typing all this I’m listening to an unfinished mix of one of the new songs. The guys and I still have approvals of all those to go through, album art, masters… is this boring to read yet?
Well, at least let me tell you this before we all from excitement over here. We have the extreme pleasure of working with yet another of our heroes on our 4th album… as if this process wasn’t already unbelievable… Ken Andrews of Failure/Year of the Rabbit/ON (some of our biggest inspirations/influences as a band) is mixing this album for us! Between Ken, JMJ, and Roger Manning, Jr. we are sort of in a musical daze. The amount of talent that is going into what we’re a part of right now is awe-inspiring for us as music fans. As a band, it’s humbling. If you’re not familiar with any of these guys’ past work, please do yourself the grand favor of using The Google to research and discover what each of them have created respectively.
And if you’re interested in hearing an album that truly gave Paramore a beginning… then buy a copy of Failure’s ‘Fantastic Planet’. And if you’re bored now then there is simply no hope for the future.
So what now? Basically, we’ll be “off” and “on” for the next little while putting together all the pieces that will (hopefully) be in your very hands before you know it. Just thinking about it makes me dizzy. In the greatest way possible. Like first kiss, first show, first time seeing the Cheesecake Factory menu… that kind of dizzy. It’s been, what, 3 years since we put out an album? Life at home, alone with my thoughts is cool and all but it feels like my brain is swelling up inside my head. I think I need to do something besides cooking healthy meals and fixing up Martha Stewart paper-craft decor for each holiday season. Blahhh domestication. (Let’s get this show on the road please!!)
- hayley"
08/11/2012

Paramore announce that they will play Rock am ring in Germany, which will take place between June 7th to June 9th next year.

13/11/2012

Possibly the weirdest new article of the year.

Hayley featured on a track called 'Gersberms (Yer Gervin Mah)' by Hard n' Phrim. The Swedish Chef also features on the track. 

You can listen to it below.


29/11/2012

The band announce several southeast Asia tour dates for next year:

February 12th: Bangkok Thailand at the Centerpoint Studio 
February 15th: Manila, Philippines at the Mall of Asia Arena 
February 17th Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at the Bukit Kiara Indoor Arena

0 comments:

Post a Comment